Wednesday, April 09, 2014

The questionnaire

I love walking alone…
It helps…
Every day I go back I see you, chained…
Chained with your baggage, chained with your memories…
Those black and snaky memories….
They look at me…
They make the hiss and shot me the dirty look… I hear…

1. Who do you think we are?
2. Who do you think you are?
3. Who is it that is chained with us?

I feel puzzled…
I don’t know where I am…
Everything is swirling…
I feel the cold snake skin against my skin…
I shivered…

4. Do we look scary?
5. Would you come to us?
6. Do you love us or hate us?

I struggle, unable to make any sound!!
I struggle hard to keep the memories away.
They keep coming closer.
The hissing sound is deafening now.

7. Going back, isn’t what you want?
8. Are you scared of looking forward?
9. Don’t you like the feel of coldness that we give to you?
10. Look at us, won’t you?

I struggle…and I struggle more to break the chain...
I manage to look up…
Aah, it was just a dream..
A bad dream, just like all the locked up poisonous memories.
There is no questionnaire of life…

I am looking forward….  Unchained and Free!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was a beauty.. the way you wrote that .. sincerely ... beautiful ...

Nabanita said...

Thanks a lot :)

Indrani said...

Nice presentation of your answers.

Maniparna said...

A wonderful set of Q&A...nicely done Nabanita..