Monday, April 14, 2014

Places to go before I sleep...

Say we were in Paris, in a smoky café.
 Loud music playing in the background, and a sexy singer on the stage.
You are sipping your whiskey and I am my red wine.
The red one shoulder dress of mine is similar to the color of the wine.
My red lipstick and smoky eyes are looking at you.
We are sitting just at the opposite of each other, I changed my legs. More skin show.
You opted for another peg.
Are you looking at my legs now?
My deep neck and my red lipsticks- they are looking for your attention…
Are we talking less, we should talk more then…
I hold your hand that was placed on the table…
“Let’s go out, let’s take a walk and enjoy the beauty of Seine…. Will you?”

The dream came to a sudden halt with a jerk…ouch…

Ohh, where are we??
It looks like Rio de Janeiro!!!
“girl, we are not in Paris, We are in Brazil!!
This is Copacabana beach, and the way you are getting sun tanned I want to make love to you now!"
But....
You seem distant.
You are looking at the water, but not actually seeing it.
Your red bikini and brown hair- I want you forever!
Let’s take a bath- a cozy and romantic bath…
Will ya??

Nah, let me take you to another place.
Close your eyes!!!

Open it now!!!
Is it…is it London??
Yeah, IT IS HARD ROCK CAFÉ!!
It’s noisy and crowded!!
I cannot see your eyes!!
You seem a little too corporate and formal!
The Martini in your hand….
The little black dress of yours…
No…
I cannot differentiate…
Is it you or somebody else!!
Another Swirl…..

A clear and windy day…
"Hey boy, I’m sure you like it now."

Far from the crowded café we are now in Prague.
This is the beautiful Golden lane.
Won’t you enter the Prague castle now?
This is just the place where you and I could stay forever…
Real forever….

Aaahhh… Another jerk….
Where are we now ?
Ssshhh….

Look at the messy people,
Their dirty cloths,
Their loud make up…
The polluted air…
The beautiful river…
The large white dome of GPO…
The warmth of people…
Let me kiss you…
Aahh, we cannot do that publicly…
Let us take a boat ride on the river Ganges…

We are in Kolkata!!

5 comments:

Anita Sabat said...

What a cool fiction, Nabanita!
Wish it were possible in real-life too! Just wish & open the eyes & ,hey presto, we are there :)
Nice choice of locations.
Pics would have further enhanced.

Nabanita said...

haahaahaa..... thanks Anita... yes, I too wish, if it was possible... but then words have wings... right? :)

Anita Sabat said...

Yes they do! :)
How we love words & travel :)

Maniparna said...

Great locations.. I wish I really could ..:-(

Nabanita said...

that is why I am using the wings that my words have... :)