Thursday, April 16, 2020

From the Diary- Quarantined- Part V



“I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”― J.R.R. Tolkien


What Tolkien said holds much truth, but I am still asking the question. I am seeing the spiritual quotes and all the wise advises everywhere. I was consoling myself and to be honest I am trying to enjoy the quarantine. I can't say I am not okay. I am, in fact, more than okay with social- distancing. However, I am not okay with not having a life outside my home and its 4 walls. I am not okay about living on throwback photos. I am not okay about having anxiety and panic, most of the time.

The sky is azure, the cherry trees are blossoming. I wish my mind could reflect those colors. The economic reports are depressing. The updates and posts everywhere are just showing how helpless we humans are. Is this the collective Karma of all humankind? I don't know. To be honest, I am least interested in spirituality.

So, in short, I am feeling quite screwed. Frustrated. Angry. Period.

Sorry, Mr. Tolkien, if I don't agree with your beautiful words here.

No comments: