Tuesday, April 07, 2020

From the Diary- Quarantined



So, how many days have passed? It’s been 27th day in self-isolation. A strange neck pin (stress) has become a constant companion in last 1 month or so. COVID19 has been the darkest shadow the modern world has ever faced.

I am regretting all those time I wanted some excitement, alien invasion, zombie attack, war like situation in my lifetime. Trust me, I’ll not talk about these things till my last day. This Coronavirus crisis is a cocktail of all those. After watching The Walking dead for 7 long seasons and other zombie movies, I am sure about my zombie-killing skill. Alas, that skill is useless in this crisis. 

After spending 26 days (at least 12 more days to go) in self-isolation, a lot of introspection happened. I realized, how I don’t feel the need for conversations that don’t connect with me. I just started feeling a strange disconnect with a lot of people. Things I have ignored happily earlier, I am not able to do anymore. I am anxious, frequently. I am experiencing panic attacks almost weekly nowadays, and it is not easy to handle them.

May be, that’s why, I am wishing for some heart-to-heart conversations. A simple, how am I doing or what am I thinking about post Coronavirus days or what’s my future planning, or any such questions would be interesting. What series to watch on Netflix or such things are not something I am really enjoying. Irony, most conversations revolve around Netflix series and such.... why can’t people just sit, drink coffee/tea, look at each other and ask things that matter? I am tired of people assuming things about me, which are basically about them. I, for a change, really need some attention, but I guess, that’s just too much to ask.... it’s a patriarchal world, with or without COVID19.

No comments: