Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Learning Deutsch- beating the Pandemic blues




Letztes jahr, könnte ich nicht denken, dass in 2020 ich auf Deutsch schreiben kann. Es gibt mir ein gutes Gefühl. Heute im Park, war ich ein Lied gehört und dann dachte ich, kann ich ein Englisches Lied ins Deutsche übersetzen? Ich weiß nicht die Antwort jetzt, aber ich will.

I know I am writing Deutsch like a kid, but this learning is pushing me and I am enjoying this journey. Languages have always attracted me. The origin and changes of the words, pronunciations, usage and a lot of things make languages so different yet so connected to each other. I want to learn Deutsch well and sometimes I feel, people don't understand that desire. Why does everything has to be materialistic? What do you get when you read a poem? Or a good novel? Or sing a song, while sitting alone, by the river, on a summer evening? None of these add any materialistic value in our life, and yet, they make us feel so rich from inside.

Everyday, I only read bad news from everywhere. People are forgetting that there are good things to look forward to. It is like Thanos has played his trick and we didn't even realize when. I am no where close to even "good" in Deutsch, but I am trying. And this is the only good thing in my life right now, that keeps me going, amid all the crisis. May be, next time I will be able to translate and post the lines of that song in Deutsch. Fingers crossed! Stay healthy!

No comments: