Sunday, June 21, 2020

Letter to my 16-yrs old self


 
Dear 16-years old Nabanita,
 
don't get shocked that your older version is writing you a letter. Umm, on a second thought, I don't think you will be shocked. Life seems a bit lonely and shitty right now, I know. You are losing faith from everything around, but remember, I still remember that dream. Let me tell you something, that dream is called a "dystopia". Hold on to that part, the part that sees the future.
I know you have started sinking into that darkness. Can I ask you to hold on, just for few more years. Yes, the difficult part is yet to come, and you will quit. Of course, I am writing to you means, you will not succeed. Let me tell you, don't try. The next 10 years will be more difficult and Darkest! There will be struggles, in next 5 years. Some worse than any, and you will be brave. That is inside you. Inside, what right now feels broken, it will become stronger than anything you have ever felt.
Don't stop dreaming and take care of your health. It will trouble you a lot. You are already reading too much, and I want you to not to go too deep, but then I actually wouldn't mean that. Learn, as much as you can.
Don't stop singing. Don't stop pouring your heart out. One day, you will feel, it is better to keep it all inside. Don't do that. Not everything will happen the way you want. No, that is not your fault, but just because it is not your fault, does not mean, you cannot be rescued. And getting rescued is not bad, it should not make you feel small. There is nothing more important than living, okay? Please, don't forget that. Don't forget that there's light at the end of the tunnel. Keep that hope alive!

Take care, think less...
 Your future self :) 


No comments: