Monday, May 11, 2020

From the Diary- Quarantined, or not!



Das wetter war ganz schlecht letzte Wochenende! Und kann ich schreibe Deutsch besser weil ich in lockdown mehr zeit zum lernen habe.

The above written 2 lines made me happy. To be honest, lockdown is not going good with me. I am studying and learning German, continuing with my work, trying to cook and bake more, while reading more and every night I realise how tired am I becoming. The benefit is that, I think my Deutsch has improved, and I feel more confident while writing or even speaking. Still a long way to go, but as they say, practice makes it perfect.

Now coming to the weather, I guess I have complained about the weather here many times. Today, I am not complaining. Yesterday, I was reading something and then I realised that Monsoon is not an official season here. That made a lot of things clear. So, what are the official seasons here. They are - Sommer (summer), Herbst (Fall), Winter und Frühlung (Spring). During Sommer and Winter it Rains frequently. 

There are more greys in my hair now, than there were couple of months back. It is raining heavily now, luckily it started right after I came back from running. Yeah, there comes the second benefit of lockdown. I resumed jogging to deal with my anxiety and I realised how much I missed it. The sunshine and the beautiful weather can sometimes help in removing that cloud that is covering your mind.

I asked myself today, "am I doing better now?" The answer wasn't very satisfying, but I figured, I am doing better than I was doing couple of months back, but I am not doing great! I want to go back to the VolkshochSchule, and I want to be able to commute more, everyday. I want to go and have lunch in a restaurant while watching the passersby. I want to be able to travel again. I want to do many other things, that I don't know how to do or when...

I read in a book that the world is like a game of chess and we are all pawns. Right now, I realise, very few things I have read are truer than that.

I finish this piece here. Und Ich wünsche dir eine gute Woche!

Stay well, Stay healthy. 

No comments: