Friday, April 10, 2020

From the Diary- Quarantined Part II



30th Day in Lock down. Well, honestly, I had to go out to the supermarket, weekly once. Also, I went for jogging in the nearby park, because, I could not deal with the anxiety and panic that was building up inside me. Spring is here and the sky as well as the trees are looking pretty and colorful. I click couple of pics whenever I go to the park and somehow, that has been my driving force.

Cooking was another thing that I indulged into massively these past few weeks. Well, as a food blogger, cooking has always been my favorite in-house activity. However, I don't always get as much time as I am getting now. So, I kinda tried to balance out all those missing times. It's been therapeutic and helped me in some days.

My sleep quality is not good. I am unable to study as much as I should and I can feel that I am losing the grip from whatever I have learned before the pandemic started. I hate it.

We all had plans before the Pandemic came crushing down, on all of us, globally. I was heart-broken after my long awaited road trip got cancelled. I had plans following that trip, life plans. Now, those life plans have also got postponed, indefinitely. Whole life seems to be a topsy-turvy.

Additionally, I feel more distant from people now. I don't like people talking like "know-it-alls" over the video conferences and whatsapps. I feel, some people are either too stupid or too wise. However, when I am looking carefully, I don't see any empaths around. Empathy is rare, and in last 1 month of Quarantine, I could feel it even more. 

More alone than ever? Umm, may be. Stronger, than ever? Of course. A bit Stranger too? Yeah, may be, I will never look at like the same way, I used to. I will not take it for granted. I will be careful about planning my future. COVID-19 has been a learning lesson, at a very personal level.

No comments: