Thursday, April 24, 2014

Dear Husband

Honey, your tie is not going with your shirt. You should change that.
Honey, this is not good for you, why don’t you try that food?
Honey, I am busy in cooking, let’s catch up once I finish..ok?
Honey, get a new toothbrush, the one you are using is no more usable…
Honey, get the shower gel...how could you bath without that…
Darling, can you please keep the volume down…I am tired and trying to rest a bit…
I have to wake up in the morning sweetheart…and so do you…

Aah, it is as I thought few years back…
It is exciting… it is scary.
It was melodious…it was cacophonous 
I know I am far from perfect but I am not looking for perfection even…
Sometimes you have to realize that you are flawed too…
You can keep your mouth shut while eating…it helps to chew well and that would finally be good for digestion…
Okay, I don’t get any prize to do this…but I do this because this is for us…
Keeping the bed sheet neat is not a big deal… All I want you to do is try…just lil bit…
Stop stopping yourself…if you feel something, I sometimes want you just to ask…and that need not always be my short dress or plunging neckline…

Yes, ours is a censor free zone, but a self censor is not bad sometimes, right?
Sometimes I feel a thunderstorm in my head and I know you simply want to claw out of your eardrums to shut that storm out… Trust me I want that too… I am sometimes wicked but that is how I am…and being wicked is not that bad… I hope…
And sometimes, you are inconsiderate… and you are event inconsiderate about the fact that you are inconsiderate!!! How inconsiderate is that!!

Okay, sometimes I can drive you nuts, and you do that same!!
And sometimes I am selfish… All you need to do is to remind me…just the way sometimes I do…
Okay, I am perfectly imperfect, but that has NOTHING to do with your leaving the wet towel on bed!!
Sometimes I know you think how hopelessly whimsical I am…But sometimes I just want you to think that maybe I am flawed but flawed beautifully.
Let me make some dessert for you.
Then I will make something delicious for dinner.
After that, I will write..
After that I will read or work on computer for some time.
All this while you will work and stare on your computer screen.
Okay, we can have some tequila and then we can go for a walk..or we can simply stay by each other…cozily and comfortably…or we can make love…slow and rough… having enough of each other and yet asking for more…
Honey, I don’t want to argue… I sometimes want you to just listen and not for defending but for just listening…
Let’s forget the logic and be just silly sometimes…
Let’s explore the world….
Let’s explore each other…
Let’s complain as we will always do…
And let’s not be boring…
Let’s make some great memories…

Memories that are worth preserving…

Getting married was easy, but the after- marriage isn't tougher too....

And as the recent song says "ishq bhoot sahi, par yeh bhoot bara hi pyara hai..."

And with this weird post...here's wishing-  Happy Anniversary Dear Husband! :) :D

3 comments:

Parul said...

That's a good post. Brought a smile! Most of the times, people feel getting married is a happy ending. However, getting married is a happy beginning and hence it is important that both the husband and wife allow each other the freedom and space required.

Nabanita Dutta said...

Thanks a lot... yeah, it's kinda a new beginning...all that matters is to make the journey interesting and enjoyable...

sam mjee said...

Wifey used more words than husband ... Hilarious ... Both side of the coin .. Seen in the pieces.

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs